We have a problem...
The unique Manager as Facilitator program targets the building of skills critical to the successful facilitation of meetings. We believe these important skills to be a vital component of the leadership competencies required by managers and executives today. Many meetings today are frustrating because decisions don’t get made, or if they do, genuine consensus is absent. Often, the decisions are delayed till the boss or a small subset decides later. The consequences can be devastating, as the final decision may then not be supported, buy-in may be weak, and implementation becomes sloppy or not at all.
FInally, powerful meetings
In the Manager as Facilitator program you will learn how to design and facilitate meetings that deliver collective decisions that enjoy strong buy in. You will be able to create the kind of meeting where involvement is high, real progress happens, and a genuine impulse for action is evident. Ultimately, your meetings will fulfill the role in your organisation for which they were intended.
The skills you take away
Specifically, upon completion of this program you will be able to:
- Prepare by ensuring a clear, relevant purpose, and build buy-in before the meeting has even begun.
- Design your meeting with the appropriate structure to achieve effective collective decision making.
- Open your meeting in a way that works to support your participants being engaged, informed, on the same page, and enthusiastic to get going!
- Develop and deliver questions that effectively guide your participants through your meeting design and its associated agenda.
- Wrap-up your meeting to ensure no loose ends and maximise the likelihood of completion of desired post meeting action.
- Create a free, more creative group discussion by facilitating a safe space to say the ‘edgy’ or difficult things.
- Inject rigor and robustness into meeting conversations by making them more ‘data rich’.
- Keep your group Focused, raise the Energy and use top Scribing techniques (i.e. FES) to ensure participants are fully engaged and on-board, THE WHOLE meeting!
- Skilfully handle distracting or disturbing behaviour so your meetings are not sabotaged.
- Facilitate your own ongoing development by understanding the journey of maturation from the Reactive to Creative Facilitator