Here's the problem
Most sales people want consultative conversations with customers so they can explore and add value to a customer's understanding of their own problems and opportunities, while at the same time link those conversations to the salespersons solutions. These conversations usually lead to more engagement and a better quality decision by the customer; and more sales, more margin, and the building of important customer relationships for the sales person.
But in the current market, customers often want shorter and more limited conversations with company representatives, many times only wanting conversations about price. Informed about a company’s products and services by websites, blogs and forums, customers often feel they already understand the value of a good service without a “sales” conversation. Customers also have less time, more choice, fewer differentiators, and more stakeholder accountability, all putting more pressure on the sales conversation.
More than ever before, salespeople need to truly be consultants skilled at creating and communicating immediate customer value in relevant, insightful, and highly professional sales conversations.
Influential Sales Conversations models top performance in your industry to create a business acumen and communication skills program that will generate meaningful sales competence and results for your sales teams in your culture, in your industry, and in the current market.
The big outcomes are...
This highly customised program will grow your sales people and market share by:
- Teaching a targeted concrete, actionable set of tools and skills that will increase the ability of your sales people to get the best possible outcome out of every interaction.
- Setting the business acumen and communication benchmark for your sales people.
- Supporting them to achieve a high standard in these skills.
- Giving your sales managers an excellent competency framework to coach and manage performance.
The skills you take away
Examples of skills often demonstrated by high performing sales people include the ability to:
- Speak and ask questions in a confident, non-arrogant way.
- Identify and respectfully challenge assumptions.
- Use paradigm shifting questions, stories and metaphors.
- Discuss the “undiscussables” and manage resistance effectively.
- Qualify opportunities effectively.
- Make day to day decisions as if their territory was their own franchise.
- Be mentally tough and resourceful.
the change company provides the option of accrediting members of your delivery team to run the program, or to have our expert delivery team run the program for you.